Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 97, Awesome Saturday!

Without a doubt Saturday has got to be the best day of the week.  I woke up feeling rested and with nothing on the agenda the day was mine to enjoy.  I think I  must have laid in bed an extra half hour before I decided to let my feet hit the floor. 

Garden and potting shed

With the stereo playing, I got busy doing my Saturday morning chores, which I actually enjoy doing.  The laundry was going, I dusted the house, watered plants, wound the clocks, put fresh sheets on the bed and vacuumed the house.  Once that was done it was onto the outside and down with the Halloween decoration.  The witch, black cats, skeleton and pumpkins were all gone for another year.

It was a beautiful day and actually hot.  I was able to do my yard work in just a t-shirt.  It was time to clean out the small garden by the potting shed and to rake up the first batch of leaves.  The chickens were particular interested in what I was doing, I just might uncover a bug, so they were by my side the entire time.  The apples still were holding onto their leaves, as well as, the maple at the corner of the garden.  By next weekend the leaves should all be on the ground.  The garden looked kind of empty, but it was ready for winter.

The afternoon flew by and I was invited to a party at 5:00pm, so I needed to get cleaned up and ready to go.

I had a great time at the party and was home pretty early.  Still excited about my visit with Justin from Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restorations on Friday.  I couldn't help but think about his 1952 Spartanette.  I know I want one someday, so I thought I would go on line and see if I could find one.  It didn't take me long before I did and it's not too far away. It is a 1950 Spartanette Tandem, with a remarkable well preserved exterior.  The interior is in need of some serious work, but it's a beautiful trailer, or at least it could be.  I am going to have to a talk with Justin about him restoring one for me.  Trailers are as addicting as classic cars and I've been bitten by both bugs.

It had been a truly spectacular day and I enjoyed my time in the yard, at my friends party and trailer shopping on line.

No comments:

Post a Comment