Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 112, Sunday and cold


Harris sleeping in, or is this a cat nap?
 It was another beautiful, cold, snowy morning and I couldn't help but lay in bed a while.  I'm not sure why on weekends I'm awake at 6:30am and on week days I can sleep until 8am..?  It was so cold out, that even the cats were happy to stay in and catch a few extra winks.

I got up about 7:15am and started doing chores.  Church was at 11am and I wanted to be ready, instead of my usual rush in at the last minute.  I let the chickens out to run free as I went to church.

After church it was a beautiful winter afternoon and I raked up some more leaves and pine needles.  The chickens loved to see what I was uncovering and stayed close by to gobble up any uncovered bugs.  Today they layed two eggs, so I'm starting to wonder if the light on the coop might boost their production back up to 5 and 6 a day, like it was in late summer.

By 4pm the clouds started to come in and a light snow started falling.  I couldn't help but feel amazed by the tranquility of the snow and activity of the yard.  The horses were running in the pasture, the chickens were scurring everywhere and Harris the cat was all wound up running everywhere.  Life on the farm was looking pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment