Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 91, Halloween

Halloween had arrived and today was a lot nicer than Saturday, with blue skies and no wind.  I was up fairly early and ready to do yard work.  I went out and let the chickens out and to check the smoldering ashes behind the barn.  The chickens were happy to be out early and the ashes were still smoldering.  I took a shovel and turned the ashes and with in a few seconds flames erupted.

Me as the Great Pumpkin
I started pulling up dead flowers, raked up more needles, pine cones and leaves.  I put the yard debris in a pile, which the horse will make a snack out of, and the pine needles and cones I tossed on the fine.

At 3:30pm I was going to head downtown for the big Halloween trick or treating event that was to run from 4pm to 7pm.  The downtown merchants were going to handout candy to all the kids.  I was to provide the music and to dress up as the Great Pumpkin.  I burned a CD of Halloween's greatest hits and gathered up my three white sheets and giant pumpkin head.


 I got downtown at 3:40pm an the trick or treating was already in full swing.  I got the sound system hooked up and music playing in no time.  The Great Pumpkin was ready by 4pm and there must have been 1,400 kids downtown.  The Great Pumpkin is a huge hit with the kids and I must have had my picture taken with at least  half of them. After standing up and squatting down for three hours, my legs were shot.  By 6:30pm the event was pretty much over and most of the stores had run out of candy.
What is it about kids and candy?

Following the event I went to Tracy's house to help her hand out candy.  We think she had about 50 trick or treaters.  The costumes were great and it was a fun night.

By 8:30pm I was home and ready to call it a night.  It was a very fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment