Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 104, Time for some yard work.

I put fresh sheets on the bed Friday evening, so waking up Saturday morning after a great night sleep with crisp clean fresh smelling sheets was awesome.  I woke up feeling refreshed and I had no intention of getting up until I was good and ready.  I also figured it was a great time and place to get a jump start on my reading for the day.

The last of t he leaves

After about 30 minutes I was ready to get up and even more prompting was the constant meowing from Scrappy wanting his morning feeding. This is one large, annoying, loud cat when he wants to be.  I was ready to get up and get a jump start on my morning chores and before I knew I had laundry going, clocks wound, plants watered and was ready to vacuum.

Outside most of the leaves had fallen so I need to do some raking.  I have found it works really slick to take a blower and blow the leaves into the back pastures.  I had used the blower last weekend after just having it serviced and it started the first pull.  This time however I could not get the blower to fire.  There was no spark so need to pull the spark plug and see if got fowled.  I didn't feel like dealing with now so got out the electric blower and raked and made dew.  The gas blower  has 10 times the power and works a lot better but I managed with what I had. 

The chickens had been enjoying their freedom all morning and they spent the entire day outside running free and pretty much making a mess of the landscaping.

At 7:30pm Tracy and I were going to go see the movie Megamind, a new cartoon film in 3D with Will Ferrel.  I picked her up at 6:45pm and out timing was perfect I even got a front row parking spot, there was no line and the theater was practically empty. We were shocked that our luck was so good, but we should have realized there was probably a reason why the theater was empty.  After watching the movie were both like, "wow, that's it, bummer."  The movie just wasn't funny and even the 3D was lack luster.  All in all it was just a let now.

I was home by 10pm and I finished up on my reading for the day and I was ready for bed.  It had been a very nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment