Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 106, Time for the Holidays

Today at work we begin the process of putting up the Christmas lights on downtown, wrapping all the light poles and trees on 6th street, plus the light poles on Evergreen, 7th and Highland.  In all we put up about 500 boxes of lights and it takes about 3 days to do it.

Julia and Brenda and one really BIG Truck
I have 3 awesome volunteers this year, Bob, Brenda and Julia.  We started about 1:30pm and we were able to get a block and half done in 2 hours.  Tuesday we hope to start around 9:30am and get all of 6th street and Highland done.  Wednesday will be Evergreen and 7th street, if the weather permits.  There is a big storm heading our way and next week is looking like 20 for the high and snow all week.

During our outing a large truck pulled up and we thought we should barrow it.  It would be so easy to stand in the back and put the lights on the trees.

At 3:45pm we finished for the day and I had to get ready to drive to Bend for workout.  My back is so much stronger and the annoying shooting nerve down my leg is gone as long as I keep my core strong.

After the workout I stopped off at Costco to see if they have their garland and wreaths in yet, but they didn't.  I did however manage to find several things I needed and walked with a cart full.  It's a dangerous store to go too.

The chickens spent the day in the pen as I didn't take a lunch and go home to let them out.  When I check for eggs there was only 1.  Man, they are temperamental and moody.

No comments:

Post a Comment