Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 110, Decorating the Tree

Yea, another Friday.  The day started off very cold with the thermometer reading 28 on the back porch.  The first thing I did when I got was go and open the door to the Chicken coop and let the chickens out into the pen.  They were very excited to be let out and I think a bit shocked by the temperature.  I did notice that one of the chickens was sneezing, so need to go to the feed store and get some medication for them all.

Today at work we needed to decorate the City Tree and have it ready for the Saturday after Thanksgiving and the big tree lighting ceremony.  I had help coming with Bob and Brenda, but also help with Vergil who owns a sign company and has a truck with bucket lift.  He's awesome at putting on the star and decorating the top 2/3rds of the tree.  While Virgil was here, I wanted to get his help lifting the steeple on the church kiosk and the clock tower on top of the clock shop.  With his truck and heavy straps he easily lifted each piece in place.

The temperature all day remained very cold close to the high 30's or low 40's.  At one point it even started spitting snow on us as we were hoisting the steeple up.  We we finished it was close to 3:30pm and it was really cold.  Tomorrow on Saturday, I am going to meet Bob and Brenda to put hang the live garland on the kiosk and get them all lit up with lights.  This should be the last thing we need to do before next weekend and if it snows this next week we will be all done.  It's a lot of work but when it's all done, it really does look pretty amazing.

I got home around 5:45pm and went out the chickens, to check on them and to move the lamp inside the coop.  They laid only one egg and the light from the lamp will actually help boost egg production and get them laying again, or so I am told.  Tomorrow I absolutely have to clean out the coop it is a mess!

Tonight I plan on getting some weekend cleaning chores done, read and crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment