Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 119, Sunday and time to put up lights

It was time for me to start putting up my own Christmas lights and the lights on my folks house.  I spent the morning digging out the lights from there storage places and getting everything ready.  I planned on diving into the project as soon I was done with church.

Church was great and or those of us who took the "Read the Bible in 90 Days" we are getting close.  There are just 10 days left.  I have gotten a head a couple days after reading on the airplane, so I'm down to 6 days.

In past years I have out-lined every line on the house, barn, potting shed, rock wall, tree and shrub, but ovet the last few years I have toned things way back.  This year I think I will cut back a little more and go for a more tasteful look, rather than the Griswolds look.


Starting to put the lights on the potting shed.
 First thing I wanted to do was remove the corn stalks and pumpkins from the drive way and hang up the a wreath and "Let it Snow" snowman.

Next I figured I could start on the potting shed in the garden.  The potting shed has been a real fun part of living hear.  Measure at just 6' by 12", it houses 2 wing-back chairs, a potbellied stove, a radio, vintage skies, sled and more. I built it after finding finding vintage windows from a Grange Hall that was built in 1920.  The window are 33" wide by 7' tall and they were perfect for creating a unique and useful feature in the garden.   I've spent several evening out there with friends, playing cards, reading or just chatting, with the potbellied stove a glow, lots of hot chocolate and a howling snow storm outside. 


The potting shed lit up at night.
 I got the potting shed done and then I decided to head over to my folks house and get their front door decorated with live garland and lights, as well as hang a wreath with more lights.  Once those two things were done I had just enough time to put lights on the back railing witch wraps around the entire back side of the house.

Once the sun goes down it gets cold and on my drive home the truck was reading 29, so it was cold and so was I.

The chickens had been out for most of the day, so when I got home I closed the pen door and they were in for the night.

I couldn't help but wonder if I should hangs some lights in the trailer.  Hmmm that might be something for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment