Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 107, Tuesday and more Christmas lights

My entire day was pretty much spent putting up Christmas light in downtown.  This year we actually had two teams and loaded with ladder and a big tub of Christmas light each we were able to wrap every light vintage light pole with lights.  We also wrapped all the trees on 6th street in a 6 block section.  What normally takes us 2 days we did in 1.  By 3:45pm we were pretty much done for the day and had to get ready for a Business After Hours for work.


Sleepy chicken
 The After Hours was very well attended and I was exhausted and ready to head  home.  It's surprising  how tiring climbing up and down a ladder is.  When I got back to the office (the After Hours was in walking distance from the office) I was ready to drive  home, but I figured I should go see how the lights look and see if there are any that are not working.  Of course there were several strings that were part lit and some out all together.  Many of the problem lights were tripped GFI protectors, so I climbed up the ladder and reset the pole that were out.  On the partial lit strings I found the problems and got most of them working.

I got home by 6:30pm.  The chickens were in the coop and there was only one egg.  I think they are bit unhappy when they don't get to run free.  I'll have to see if I can get home tomorrow and let them out at noon.

I was ready for dinner, to do my reading and to watch some TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment