Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 103, Not much new to report but TGIF

Not much new to report.  I'm always glad to see Friday roll around and I am certainly ready for the weekend. 

At 1pm I was able to take a lunch and came home to let the chickens out.  They have pretty much spent the week in the coop and they are not happy about it.  I figured they would enjoy the sunny afternoon in freedom and perhaps forgive me for keeping them cooped up.  They flew the coop in a hurry and were soon happy out in the yard.  This weekend I am going to have to work on the plastic covering the pen, Snip the horse has really done a number on it and it needs to be put back.

Across the street my father and brother were meeting with the irrigation guy to see what needed to be done to service the irrigation equipment on the property.  After I ate a bite of lunch I went down the driveway to see what the report was.  The irrigation guy will be back next week to service the equipment and we should be set to go. 

The force of impact from the horse to the wheel should have
caused a signifant injury to the horse.  After checking every-
one out, no injuries could be found  and all horses are well.

My father pointed out my wheel line and one of the wheels was completely smashed.  One of the horses must have hit it at full speed and smashed it in.  I figured for sure I would have an injured horse somewhere, but I couldn't see any horses looking banged up.  The damaged wheel is 6' tall and was pushed in probably 14".  The wheel will have to be taken apart and straightened and it will be just one  of those things to fix in the spring.

Back at work the work day dragged on and I even joked to the staff that perhaps we should close early, they loved the idea, but we hung out until 5pm.

Tonight was dinner with dad and then home to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment