Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 109, Leadership

Thursday, is our second Leadership day and I facilitate this day long program.  I was out the door by 7:15am to run some last minute errands and to pick up fresh donuts for the day.

The program is a one day a month, for nine month program and we expose the  participants to the leaders of the community and show them what it takes to make the community run.  It's a great program, but it makes for a very long day for me. 

The program wrapped up by 4pm and by the time I got back to the office it was 4:30pm.  I was able to check my emails, return some phone calls and then I was ready to head home. 

On a sad note I found out one of my best friend's mother had passed away this morning.  Her parents had bought my home in town when I moved out the country.  Her father had passed away this last February and now her mother.  It was a sad way to end the day.

I ran several errands on my way home and got home about 7:00pm.  I was really hungry and tired, so I ate dinner and read my 12 pages in the bible, for the "Read the Bible in 90 Days" challenge at my church.  I figured I would want to turn in early so did my reading first thing.  Today I started the New Testament, so that should make the reading a little easier.  I was pooped and ready for bed.

As for the Chickens they laid one egg, and I closed the door to coop tonight because the temp was expected to drop in the teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment