Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 96, IT'S FRIDAY!

I sure do love Fridays!  We had our normal coffee event this morning and I was back in the office by 10am.  At 11:30 I met up with Justin from Flyte Camp, Vintage Trailer Restoration.  I have been talking with Justin, on and off again, since I got the trailer bug and bought the Traveleze in August.  Justin had restored a beautiful 54 Anderson that was beyond impressive.

I was very eager to show him the trailer and get his thoughts.  He had a partner along with him who helps work on the trailers and I wanted to know what they thought.  They both liked the shape and the over all condition of the trailer and we discussed the modification that had been made to the trailer and they had great knowledge of the trailer and it's original floor plan.  We agreed that it should be returned to as close to original as possible, including stove, bed, tail lights, removing the bumper, finding a heater, replacing the windows etc.  In all, we spent about an hour talking about the trailer and Justin was going to do some research and then get back to me with some prices to bring the trailer back to life.  I will be very interested to see what he comes up with.  We talked about three prices, getting it presentable, a good restoration and then a restoration done to perfection.

We also talked about Justin's most recent project, a 1952 Spartanette Tandem.  He is three weeks into the project and it sounds like it is coming along very nicely.  They are doing a complete restoration and have removed the interior and have replaced all the wiring and are starting to reassemble.  I am sure when it is all done it will be a real show piece. 

I could have talked trailers all day bur I had to head back to the office.  It was very excited to have finially been able to show Justin my trailer.  I was also encourage that he thought the trailer was worth restoring and I hadn't wasted my time or money.
Porsche Panamera 4, $94,000


At 3:30pm I had a meeting in Bend and once again I was back on the road.  The meeting lasted until 4:45pm and I was ready to start the weekend.  As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I happened to see one of the new Porsche Panamera's and I thought while I was in town, I should go take a look.  Car shopping is one of my all time favorite things to do and what a great way to start the weekend.

2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe, $52,000

The Porsche Panamera 4, was beautiful and surprisingly, had lots of leg room in both the front and back seats.  The interior was plush, with lots of bling and tons of buttons to push.   At $94,000 it would make anyone feel like a race car driver and it would look good in any driveway.

 On my way back to reality, I had to pass the Cadillac dealer and they had the new CTS Coupe, so once I again I found myself pulling into the lot.  They had a beautiful Ruby Red 2011, with black leather interior.  At $52,000 it seemed like a bargain compared to the Panamera, but you got two more doors with the Panamera for that $42,000 extra.  Again, this car was beautiful, but it wouldn't look right pulling the 1950 canned ham styling of the Traveleze. 

My next car will have to be vintage and be able to compliment the canned ham.


It was time to head home and tuck the chickens in for the night.  I had no other plans for the evening, so it was going to be a nice quiet night at home. 

The sun had set when I pulled into the driveway and the mountains looked beautiful with a fresh covering of snow.  It had been a spectacular day.

No comments:

Post a Comment