Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 102, Thursday the second best day of the work week.

Ok, so it's probably a strange reason, but I feel Thursday is the second best day of the work week, because it's the day before FRIDAY!.

A frosty pasture and fresh snow on the mountains.
The morning started off beautiful, with a nice sunrise and fresh snow on the mountains.  I did however a little difficulty waking up immediately and laid in bed for a while and watched the sun light come up and shine across the back yard.  It was about then I noticed one of the horses chewing on the plastic covering the chicken pen and pulling off.  I couldn't help but think dumb, horse.  This weekend I'll have to go out and nail a board across the end of the plastic to secure it better and to keep the horse from getting a hold of the end.  I think a good strain of barbed wire to keep him away from the coop might be in order too.  I think he was actually wanting to see the chickens.  I had noticed that he had spent a lot of time just looking at them in past.  Perhaps he is as amused as I have been to just watch these funny feathered creatures.

The work day went very quickly and I dinner plans with my Father and my brother and his family.  I had just enough time to run home check on the chickens, collect their two eggs and toss them some for feed.  I'm still not used to this dark by 5 schedule and to think that the day are still getting shorter is almost depressing.

Tonight, I plan on reading day 61 on the bible and then going to bed early.  It has been a long week and I'm tired.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment