Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 117, Flying home

Today was going to be a big day for Robin.  She had never been baptized and we were all going to go and witness her baptism.  Robin was a little nervous about it and I said it was no big deal to be baptized into the Methodist Church.  I told her the pastor would just hold her head under water until she saw Jesus and then she had to make a casserole and she would be a Methodist.  I thought it was hilarious, but I'm not sure Robin did.  She told the pastor what I said and he said or Jello salad.....
How is this for a small private residence?!

After the ceremony, Brad took us out to lunch at the Gaillardia Country Club, which was fantastic, and then we drove around looking at the homes.  We do this every time I go to OKC and I never get tired of it.  The homes are spectacular.  I'm not sure what surprises me more, the size of the homes or the architecture.  I just never expect to see French chateau's in Oklahoma.  The small homes are 5,000 sq ft and the large are closer to 20,000 sq ft.  To say they are impressive is an understatement.

Just cozy cottage for 2, at over 10,000 sq ft.
Now that Thanksgiving was officially over, it was time for Robin to break out her Christmas decoration and she wanted her brother-in-law and me to put her enormous wreath on the front of the house and the garland around her front door.  It was the first time for the wreath to be hung up, so we had to drill into the brick exterior and secure it pretty good in order to withstand Oklahoma notorious winds.  With Mark perched on top of a 10' ladder we had it secured in no time.

Before I knew it was time for Robin to take me to the airport so I could catch my 5pm flight.  I said my goodbyes and before I knew I was removing my shoes for the security check point.  I had been hearing all this controversy over "full body screenings", but couldn't tell anything different.  I was through security in no time.  My flight would take me to Denver, CO and then after a brief 40 minute layover straight into Redmond. 
Denver airport at dusk
My flight was very smooth and I was able to read 12 pages of my daily bible challenge.  I was hoping that I could read two more days worth on my flight from Denver to Redmond and actually get ahead.

The Redmond flight was smooth and uneventful and I finished my two days worth of bible reading just as the captain announced that he would be making our decent into Redmond.  It was perfect timing and I had, had enough.

It was good to be home, but I had a very nice time and missed my friends.

Tomorrow is Parade day and I was going to be busy, so I went to bed at 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment