Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 395, Hanging out in Oklahoma

I must admit I didn't have the best of nights sleep, as my back and leg were killing me. I tossed and turned all night trying to get comfortable and I know it was from sitting in an airplane and hanging out in an airport for 6 hours.


The New 2012, $162,000, Mercedes S600
 Robin was up buy 7:30 am and syumbled out of bed around 8am. Robin had a big day planned so we were out the door by 9:15am. Out first outing was to run some errands but the "check engine" light came on her car, so we made an appointment to take the car in and went back to get her other car. The car with the problem is actually my old CLK 430 which I sold her 5 years ago and just has 40k miles. We dropped the car off and of course I had to look at the showroom.

After several more errands it was back to the house for some quality pool time. Oklahoma has been in a drought and heatwave, with over 69 days of over 100. Today was 102, so the pool was going to feel great.

After an hour of pool time it was time to get ready for dinner at Dr Nick and Anns. We arrived about 5:30pm and had a great time. Ann took me out to see her chickens and their new bird dog puppies.

Dr nick fired up the barbecue and we had tri-tip and okra from the garden. Ann even had a birthday gift for me and one for Robin. Mine consisted of a chicken hand towel, hot pad and labels which say "laid in the USA". It was s great gift. I had brought Assortment of Oregon jams as gift to Nick and Ann from Oregon.

It had been a great first day in OKC.

No comments:

Post a Comment