Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 33, Day two of vacation

Pool with the tree removed and fense taken down.
Day two of my vacation started out with driving out to Nick and Ann's.  Robin and Brad both had to work today, but Robin planned on being done around 1pm.

Out at Ann's home the tree was still in the pool and that was going to be our first task for the day.  I enjoy a good project and using a chainsaw is just up my alley.  Ann had recently had the chainsaw serviced, so it was ready to be used.  In short order I had cut up the tree into small enough section and we were able to pull the tree out of the pool. The base of the tree was around 18" in diameter and had to be cut in small pieced in order for us to move them.  Damage to the pool fence was just 10 pieces of pipe and the pool people were already notified and would come out and fix it next week.

This little guy was about 3" long, man they grow things big here!
Ann and I spent some time working in the old barn, getting it ready for her to buy chickens.  We are going to convert an old dog house into a coop.  All we needed to do is raise it up off the ground (which we did) and we need to build nesting boxes, which we will do sometime before I leave.  There are crickets all over the old barn so it will be a chicken buffet.

Back home my mother said that she got 3 eggs from the chickens yesterday and 5 eggs today.  I told her to besure to take some eggs home and give them to their friends.

Robin joined us for a late lunch and we spent the rest of the day poking around OKC.  I kept my eye open for trailer stuff but didn't find anything I couldn't live without.  I do miss working on the trailer, but it's nice to let my hands recover from all the scrubbing scraping.

It was a very nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment