Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 48, Home sick with a head ready to explode.

I don't know if I ever actually went to sleep, I was up blowing my nose more times then I can count.  I took every form of sinus medicine I had and still nothing seemed to relieve the presure in my head. 

Deer and Chicken

The weather outside was sprinkling and it looked like there was no end in sight.  I was now seriously behind in my "Reading the Bible in 90 Days" challenge, set by my church, so this would be the perfect day to get caught up.  I was acually only 70 pages behind, which is nothing, but I have found reading the bible to be extremely slow going as I try to pronouce name correctly and understanding all the family trees.  To top it off, it's not easy reading when you have your head full of cold medicine and I dozed off several times and had to start over.  I would adventually finish my 70 pages around 2pm.

One of 5 deer that came to eat the flowers.
I had let the chickens out by 9am and they had aready laid 4 eggs.  It was still raining but it didn't seem to slow them down at all.  They were happy to be free and running around the yard.  I took what little energy I had and I managed to cleaned out the coop and put in fresh straw.  At around 10:30am the deer arrived to chow down on the yard too.  One small fawn seemed to be very interested in the chickens.  The chicken on the other hand wanted nothing to do with her, other than to offer a casual glance to determine if the deer were friend or foe.

I spent the entire day on the couch blowing my nose and caughing which are two of my least favorite things to do.  I wasn't even up for shopping for trailer parts on the computer.  I must be sick if don't feel like shopping for car or trailer parts.  I did manage to go out to the trailer and close the roof vent all the way, to prevent any rain from getting in.  I had kind of worried about water leaking in, but from what I could tell it was still dry inside.

The chickens seemed happy running around in the rain and I checked on them around 3pm and there was one more egg.  The rain hadn't bothered them a bit and egg production was up over yestedays poor laying, of only one egg.  I had kind of worried about the chickens getting soaking wet, but it was a warm rain, so I decided I shouldn't be too worried.

My appetite was still good, so my cold was just a sinus thing and not the flu.  I ate the last of the pork chops and by 9:30pm I was ready for bed.

I could tell it was going to be a long night.

1 comment:

  1. I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing.


    Trailers Parts

    ReplyDelete