Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 50, Week 8 of the Traveleze

Not much new to report today.  I woke up feeling a little better, but I still sound like my head is in a fish bowl. Work was very busy and I wasn’t able to take a lunch break until 2:50pm. I went home for lunch and brought a bunch of old muffins and bagels from the office to feed to the chickens.

The chickens were very excited to see me and when I started tossing in the muffins and bagels they forgot all about wanting to be out in the yard (I will let them out later, when I get home after work).

FedEx had made another attempt to drop off my Cadillac wheels, so I called again and said I would come get the package after work.

A very nice looking wheel, but it's out of round.
After work, I was on my way to FedEx and picked up the box. I called the person I was buying the wheels from and said I was picking them up and that I would take them straight to the tire shop to have them check to make sure they were round. He assured me they were and that I should save my money. That made me a tad nervous, so I opened the box in front of the FedEx guy and thought I could detect that one wheel had a flat spot. I took the wheels immediately to America’s Tire and they put each wheel on the balancer. Sure enough each wheel was completely out of round. I immediately called the seller and told them they were out of round. He was shocked and I had him speak to the America’s Tire guy. I was extremely disappointed. He says he will make it right, so we shall see. Mean while my car is still without tires and wheels.

I went home with my out of round wheels and then went to my folks for dinner. My dad had bought a coconut cream pie at Marie Calendars in Eugene and he was willing to share.  Pie makes everything better and I couldn't think of a better way to forget about my wheels than pie.

No time with the trailer today and the wheel issue has me extremely bummed out. Oh well tomorrow is another day and perhaps I can spend some time polishing on the trailer.  The wheel guy said he would work on getting me new wheels on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment