Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 47, I feel a cold coming on.

I do love Friday’s and today was so busy I didn’t have time for lunch. There was going to be a large event in downtown, and I stayed had help put up a tent for the band. I wasn’t going to get home until around 6pm and my time with the trailer seems to be getting shorter and shorter with the days.

When I got home I immediately let the chickens out and collected only one egg. They obviously were not happy being stuck in the pen all day. Once the chickens were running around I went inside to take of me…I was starving. There was also a note stuck to my front door that my Cadillac wheels had arrived via FedEx, but it required a signature and they are not open on the weekends. I was really unhappy about that; now I’m going to have to try to figure out to pick up the wheels in Bend before they close on Monday.

So back to me starving, the only thing I had eaten all day was several cups of granola, but I had a leftover pork chop in the refregerator and it hit the spot. Next I need some sinus medication. I had started to feel a sinus cold coming on early in the day and I wanted to take something for it and a nap sounded good too. After a few minutes of lying down I knew this cold was going to get worse, I was not happy.

Around 7:30pm the clouds to the west started to get black and the thunder and lightning started to blow in. The event downtown was supposed to go until 8:30pm, so I figured I better go help take the tent down. The weather hadn’t started raining yet, but the threat of it did dampen the turnout a little. The band was excellent and they finished up on time and the rain drops just started to spit here and there. The tent came down in about half an hour and I help remove the street blockades.

I was on my way home by 9pm and the winds and lightening really started to blow. We lucked out on the timing it was a pretty substantial storm.

I was pooped and seriously not feeling well. I was in bed 9:50pm and my sinuses were killing me.

It was going to be a long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment