Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 36, My last full day of vacation and then home to the chickens and trailer.

The day started with finishing up Ann’s Chicken coop. The old dog house was ideal for converting to a coop. The roof hinges at the top and has a prop stick for holding it up. There are three drop-down hinged doors (one on each side) and a front door. We made 7 nesting boxes, placed a roosting bar inside and built a ramp from the ground to the door. Ann is all set and just needs chickens now.


The majority of the day was spent lounging by the pool and just enjoying Labor Day. The temperature was around 95 with low humidity, but fairly gusty winds. The pool was well protected however, so the wind was not an issue and we all enjoy the relaxing lazy pace of the day.

I called home to check in with my parents and to see how the cats and the chickens were doing. I was told we had a hard frost and my garden was pretty much done for the season. It is sad to see it go, but hopefully the pumpkins will finish turning orange and be ready for Halloween. My father also said they only got one egg, but Amy might have gotten a couple, so I’m not sure how the egg laying production went today.  Perhaps the cold shut down the egg laying process.

The rest of the day included shopping, eating at Johnny’s, running errands and getting ice cream at Braums, yum!  To top off the day Ann brought over a huge bag of chocolate chip cookies for me to eat on my trip home tomorrow.  Of course I had to sample a few and I ate 6.

I’m going to be Huge by the time I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment