Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 56, The New Canned Ham's

Sunday was not as warm and sunny as Saturday, but it was still a beautiful morning.  I was a day and half behind in my "Reading the Bible in 90 Days", so I spent the morning getting caught up before going to Church at 11am.

The New Canned Hams!?
I let the chickens out before church and I noticed that I was out of cracked corn, so I planned on going to the feed store after service, which I did.  Immediately across from the feed store is a trailer sales lot and they had the new curved "canned ham" style trailers and I wanted to take a look at them.  I pulled onto the lot and they had 2 of them and one had a slide-out.  They were were awesome, one was priced at $17,000 on sale for $14,800 and the one with the slide-out was was $20,000 on sale for $17,800.  The graphics were funky and of course they had all of the modern conveniences that one would expect, including a showers.  They were constructed out of the same materials as most of today's new trailers are and they are anything but rustic. I kind of enjoy the charm and charter of my old Traveleze, but still the new trailers were fun to look at.

The rest of the day was spent shuffling cars around in the shop and getting them ready for winter, putting fuel stabilizer in the tanks, putting the chargers on and covering them up.  I brought the big Cadillac forward, so when I finally get the fourth and final wheel I can go get the new tires put on. I was also able to wash and clean out the pickup which had taken a beating with the event picking up potted trees and tons of auctions items. I spent a couples hours just working on getting all cleaned up.

Sunset on Sunday
As the sun started to set (and it was spectacular) I was able to polish a little on the trailer using the light from the shop. I spent about an hour just polishing a small section on the back end to see how the Mothers Aluminum and Mag Polish would work.  Like the rest of the trailer that I have used the polish on it really shined up.  The aluminum seems a little more blemish free, so it really shined up to that mirror like reflection.  I am hope Monday night I can spend a little more time just working on the back end to make it shine.

That was it for the night and the end of week 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment