Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 51, Back to work on the Traveleze

You can see the scuffed up area, it just looks hazy.
After work, I actually got to spend some time working on the trailer. I wanted to see if I could really get the scuff marks out from where they had ruffed up the siding when they painted it last. I used my three levels of 3M pads (heavy, medium and fine), fine steel wool, my SOS soap pads, Mother’s Aluminum Polish and Truck Box Polish. I hand scrubbed, I buffed, I ran the buffer with SOS soap pads, used just fine steel wool, and then to top it off I hand polished with Mothers again (it protects the aluminum from water spotting).



This is after, I removed most of the scuff marks and repolished.
 The days really are getting very short, so I only had about an hour to experiment on really getting the deeper scuffs out. I was definitely able to brighten up the metal and bring the shine out, but it was not perfect and I think it can be.  I’m going to have to do some research on new methods for buffing out scratch marks. I also stared to wonder if there is someone who does this for a living and could they do it with greater ease and less effort than it is taking me. Sometime the best thing you can do, is hand a project over to a professional. I removed the paint and tar from the trailer and I have all most all of the metal shining pretty well.  Maybe I can find someone who can take it from here and really make it shine like a mirror. If I can’t find someone, it really looks prety good enough and this could be as good as it gets.

Ann's new chickens

On the chicken front, my friend Ann in Oklahoma got her chickens today. She drove an hour each way to pick up an assortment of 6 chickens. That’s a lot of driving, but nothing compared to the 6 to 7 hours of driving that Amy drove to get the chickens that I have. Ann introduced the chickens into the pen and coop that I help ready when I was back there. I was anxious to her how they liked it and I guess they adjusted very well.  By the first afternoon, Ann had her first two eggs, so she is now on her way to having her own egg empire.

My chickens ate another dozen bagels at lunch and spent the evening out in the yard, so that doesn’t seem like too bad a life.

That was about it for the day.  It was nice to work on the trailer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment