Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 38, Home and back to work.

Returning to work after a vacation is always a challenge and I often have that debate in my head, after seeing my accumulated work load, of was it worth it? Well, without a doubt, it was worth it and I actually felt quite energized and ready for the short week ahead.

This being Wednesday, meant it was also our last concert of the summer for work (naturally it was raining) and it is also the day I workout my trainer.  I was a little unsure about how I would feel after overeating for 6 days and not working out.  Wednesday is also mid week, so the psychological factor was saying the week is half over and the weekend is just around the corner.  I am really looking forward to working on the yard, house and of course getting back to work on the trailer.

No more Aspen trees next to the deck and house.
At 2pm I was able to run home and check on the chickens and also see the progress of the tree removal from my yard.  I was a bit nervous to see what my yard would look like without the Aspens and I wondered if I would have that feeling of just having made a huge mistake.  As I drove down the driveway I could see the trees were gone, but I really didn't miss them.  It definitely has a different look and the house seemed a bit unprotected, but the overall feeling was refreshing.  The trees were planted way to close to house and were growing up under the house and deck, they needed to come out.  I think once I have the new maples delivered and planted I really won't miss the Aspens at all.

The chickens laid three eggs that after noon, to the egg production had picked up a little after only receiving an egg a day for two days.  I think the cold rainy weather and the increasing darkness has contributed to the low egg turnout, or there are eggs laying somewhere around the yard.

The rest of the day was great, including the workout and concert and I was home by 8:15pm.  The days are getting significantly shorter so it was already dark.  I went out and checked on the chickens who were all asleep and checked for more eggs, nothing.

I checked out the trailer to see how it was holding up in the days rain and looked to being holding up well, with no water leaks. I'm really looking forward to spend more time on it.  I hope that in October I will be able to get the trailer into the restoration shop and start the rebuilding of the trailer.  If I can't get the trailer in, I'll back it into the shop and keep inside and out of the weather.  With trailer inside warm and dry, who knows, maybe I'll end up taking it apart myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment