Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 57, A little time for polishing.

Monday was absolutely beautiful with a high in the mid 80's and I was so eager to get home and to work on the trailer.  I was sure the chickens were wanting out too.

Starting the polishing of the back end of the trailer
Monday is a workout day, so after working out, I headed home and pulled in the drive at around 5:30pm.  I was already in shorts and the trailer was calling my name.  I let the chickens out and gathered up 4 eggs and then went to work on the trailer.  I got out the polish and started working on the back end up around the back window and down around the tail lights. It really started to look nice just to have a shine, even if it wasn't perfect it still looked better than it was.  It was actually hot out and working on the trailer was making me sweat.  I took my shirt off to stay as cool as possible and to soak up the last rays few rays of sunshine.

I really need to do some work on removing the last bit of paint film that is on the right side of the trailer and use my 3M pads and SOS, so that will be my Tuesday project.  The forecast for the rest of the week is for temps in the 80's, so I want to take advantage of as much of the nice weather as I possible.

Polishing the back end
With the sun setting earlier everyday I called it quits on the trailer around 7:15pm.  The chickens were still in the yard, but starting to head back to the coop.  I notice one popped out from behind the boxwood's next to the shop, so I went to investigate on where she had been.  Sure enough there was a collection of eggs between the boxwood's and the shop.  I could tell they had been there a while, so I tossed them in with the 6 other eggs I had found the found the day before by the house.  I am going to have to keep them in the pen until after the eggs are laid for the day, or just check everyday in these two hiding spots.  I looked around the yard in other places I thought they might lay eggs, but I didn't find any more.


It was the end of another beautiful day and I went in to read and then called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment