Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 46, Back to work

With Robin, Brad, Dr Nick and Ann loading the GMC Yukon XLT at 6:20am it was an early morning.  I had gotten up and plugged in my old perk-pot coffee maker at 5:40am and went back to bed to rest my head until they were all done getting dressed and packed and then I joined them as they drank their coffee.  What a great three days, with very special friends.

Dreaming of the lake
Work was full speed ahead with little time for day dreaming about yesterdays kayaking. I wasn't too far behind from missing a day of work and quickly worked on several project.  The day seemed to fly by with the busy schedule.  I took a lake lunch form 1:30pm to 2:30pm and the first thing I did naturally was check on the chickens.  There was only one egg.  I tossed them the last two corncobs from our dinner the night before and they picked at it with tremendous fervor.  The corn seemed to distract them from the fact that they wanted out of the pen.

The pumpkins are staring to turn orange.
Lunch was a blink of eye and so was the rest of the day and soon I was back home to let the chickens out for the rest of the evening.  The afternoon had busy for the chickens too and I collected four more eggs. It was a beautiful day and the nights had been staying warmer, but despite my wish that summer never end, the fact of the matter was that the pumpkins were starting to turn orange.

My folks called and asked me I would like to join them and our good friends from Creswell for dinner and I said sure, so I changed my clothes and went over.  The dinner and company was great and with my early morning, I was ready to head home, put the chickens to bed, finish the laundry, make the guest bed and go to bed myself.

My poor trailer has fallen to the way side and little  has been done to improve or restore it.  Even my read the Bible in 90 days project has fallen off too.  I am now three days behind or 36 pages. I think this weekend will be an excellent opportunity to get caught up on all fronts, but for now I was tired.

It was off to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment