Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 34, On Vaction no time on the trailer

It has been great to be away and even though I miss working on the trailer, the break has been good for me. I have notice that my hands and fingernails are recovering from all the scrubbing on the trailer. I had worn down my fingernails past the quick, so this has been a good recovery period.

Robin and I ran and did some errands in the morning and visited a few antique stores. We even stopped off at one of my favorite spots in OKC Erma’s Burger Shack on Northwest 63rd Street next to Chesapeake Energy. If you get to Oklahoma City it’s worth the stop. We took the burgers home to meet up with Brad for lunch. We had just enough time to eat the burgers, soak our feet in the pool and then head the UO vs Utah State game in Norman.

The Johnson/Hightower house built in 1907, OKC, OK
Joining us for the game was a friend of Robin and Brad's, who we were going to pick up on our way. She has an spectacular home in the Heritage Hills area of Oklahoma City and to say her home is amazing would be a tremendous understatement. We had left a little early, so we could take a quick tour of the 1907, 9,000 square foot home. The grandeur of the home cannot be captured with my little phone camera, but I took one anyway.  We had a wonderful tour and I would have really enjoyed seeing more if we had the time. The history of the home and the surrounding homes was fascinating and I could have spent days learning about each one. I could just see my Packard sitting under the portico next to the house that leads to the garage.

OU game in Norman, OK
Our accommodations at the OU game were very impressive too. Brad has a suite at the OU games, so we had VIP parking, an awesome view of the game and more food than we could possibly eat. By the way this trip is putting several pounds around my mid section, so I’m going have to get back to working out and working on the trailer.

The game was good, with the Sooners winning, but only by a touchdown and they had been predicted to win substantially. There was a lot of speculation about their success for the rest of the season by the lack of confidence shown in the team. Everyone had a great time however, and we got home around 11:30.

It was time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment