Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 43, Monday Robin, Brad, Dr. Nick and Ann arrive

The Monday work day started out as many of them do, with a fast and frenzied pace. This week was going to be a busy one and with my guest arriving today, I had to make every minute count and get all my work done promptly. I had planned on taking off work around 2pm which should give me enough time to run to the store and buy the last few needed items before company arrived, including buying Robin's Birthday cake. Robin shares the same birthday as my niece Jamie and I also needed to get Jamie’s card in the mail. It is going to be a late card, I'm a bad uncle, but at least I sent her a Birthday text wishing her a Happy Birthday. I love my niece beyond words and feel bad being late with her card, but I always feel Birthdays should last at least a week anyways, so I am just prolonging the celebration.


Before I knew it, it was 2pm and I was starving. I ran my errands at the store, but forgot to get the cake. I was home and a few things I needed to get done around house and the chickens needed to be let out of the pen. There were no eggs, so I think they were letting me know they were not happy being cooped up.

My mother arrived before too long and we were off to Bend to workout with our trainer. The workout was pretty intense and we worked on a lot of stretching. I have extremely bad flexible especially in my shoulders, hips and hamstrings and our trainer loves to zero in weaknesses. Our sessions always fly by and soon we were heading back home with stop to pick up the cake (German Chocolate). I was receiving a steady stream of texts from Robin and I figured I would arrive home minutes before they got to my house. I had just enough time to clean up and change before they arrived and the place looked pretty good.

Standing next to the trailer looking down the long driveway.
The Chickens were running around the yard and I was looking at the view from trailer, down the long drive, when I saw their car driving down the lane towards my driveway.

Even thought I had just seen them all in Oklahoma, it was so good to see them all here at my home in Oregon.  We did a quick tour around the house outside, as well as inside and then headed over to my folks place for a dinner.

The day had started to turn stormy with a late afternoon thunderstorm passing the edge of town.  It wasn't as impressive as the 100mph straight-line winds as they had for me on my visit to Oklahoma, but it was a little taste of the kind of weather we can get here in Oregon.  The lightening was actually pretty amazing and lit up the sky for quite some time.

The day was coming to end, and once again the trailer was neglected, but not forgotten.  I do plan on working on it and really want to order the hub caps, so perhaps that is something I can do tomorrow.

It was bed time and I still had to read 12 pages of the bible for day two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment