Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 44, Rafting and a Board meeting.

The second Tuesday of each month is Board meeting day at work, so despite having company I was going to be in the office all day. Robin and gang were scheduled to do a rafting trip on the Deschutes river, so most of their day would be consumed with that.


The work day flew by and having worked over the lunch hour I headed home a little after 4pm. I arrived home and checked on the chickens and let them out. They had laid 4 eggs so after taking the s day off they were back in production. Amy had said the CLUA had been on strike (Chicken Layers Union of America). I guess I settled that strike with the promise of a chicken barbecue!

A beautiful day
It was another beautiful day and the temperature had reach 83, so it was a perfect day for rafting. The chickens were happy running around the yard. The trailer sat in the driveway and I was pretty content. Robin and Ann were texting that they were on their way home. My folks were going to come over and we were going to barbecue on my deck.

Dr. Nick and I went into to town taking the Packard and bought pork chops for the grill and some ingredients for Ann to make cookies. With everyone at my house, Ann baked, Nick barbequed, my father poured drinks and everyone was happy. The temperature on the deck perfect and we sat on the deck for hours enjoying the good food and great company. The evening was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment