Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 35, still on vacation in Oklahoma

It was Sunday, so we started the morning off by going to church and in true Oklahoma fashion it was a very large Church. I think Brad said it seats a couple thousand. This is the same church that Dr Nick and Ann go to, so following the service we all went out to breakfast. Have I said I have been gaining weight?!

Aston Martin DB9, Bond, James Bond....
Breakfast was at La Baguette Bistro and Bakery. The pastries and cake are awesome and I am sure this breakfast would be spectacular too, and it was. Outside La Baguette was an Aston Martin DB9 which is one of my all time favorite cars. I can’t help but think of James Bond and one of the many women he would drive around in these awesome cars. Hmm, perhaps James and Vesper were having breakfast…?

House for Sale in Fairview Farms in Edmond, Oklahoma 
After breakfast we did a little house shopping and we thought we might catch one of the Sunday open houses. Brad and Robin have been looking for a while and are interested in an area called Fairview Farms. This is a truly amazing area that is sure to age as spectacularly as the Heritage Hills area has. Fairview Farms is more of a slice out France and French Chateaus or Castles are more the theme than anything else. The homes are huge, the grounds immaculate and compared to west coast prices extremely affordable. I think the smallest homes you will find in Fairview are around 4,000 square feet and the larger are over 10,000 square feet and I am sure one or two might be double that. Needles to say the homes are impressive.
Just a small home for 2, yes this is one house.

Robin and Brads Hot tub and pool
The rest of the day was spent by the pool. Dr. Nick and Ann were coming for dinner. Robin barbecued ribs, and I made an English Trifle, which is angel food cake, custard, fruit and whip cream. We made fresh corn on the cob and Ann brought a salad, so we were set for another great meal and more pounds were added to my mid section.

It was a very nice evening with good food and great friends.

Tomorrow I'm going to make nesting boxes for Ann’s soon to be chickens.   Ann and I have been taking a few jabs from Dr. Nick and Brad for our interest in chickens and Nick is wanting a farm fresh organic egg omelet when they come out to Oregon in a few weeks. 

It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment