Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 39, Work and yard work.

Aspens have been removed
Today was about as uneventful as one can get.  Work flowed continuously and unending.  There was no time to go home for a break and lunch was consumed with a lunch meeting.

Upon arrival home, around 5:30pm, I drove down my driveway and really noticed how different my house looked.  The Aspens were gone and all I could think about was the fact that I would not have to rake up an enormous pile of leaves come this October.

First thing I wanted to do when I got changed, was let the chickens out, so they could enjoy their freedom and root up bugs.  Second thing I need to do, was I desperately needed to mow the lawn.  The lawn was going to be my evening priority.  I changed clothes and then tossed in a load of laundry in an effort to get a jump on the weekend chores. 

Chickens on the run.
The chickens flew the coop as fast as they possibly could and I retrieved 4 eggs from the lower left nesting box.  After washing the eggs and putting them in the refrigerator, I went out and did my routine walk around the yard pulling weeds and tossing them on the lawn to be mowed up and with my iPod shuffle playing in my ears I was ready to mow.

Mowing the lawn usually takes an hour, but it had been 9 days since I mowed last, so it was a little deeper than normal and required me to empty the double bags 3 times.  With the sun setting at around 7:20pm, there wasn't much time to do anything but get the lawn mowed.

Work on the poor Traveleze was becoming neglected but continue to dream about it and hope to dedicate most of the weekend to polishing it up.

Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment