Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 185, Workout and Lodge Meeting

Thursdays are my workout days and today is also the first Thursday of the month, so that means I have a Sons of Norway meeting tonight after my workout.

I had nothing major on my calendar at work and next Monday we were scheduling to have our roof replaced on the building.  To our surprise, and the roofer, they were able to get the permits in minutes and not days and they decided to start today.  I had no idea how loud it was going to be when 4 guys start removing the roof - It was almost impossible to hear yourself think.  The only break we had all day, was when the crew went to lunch. 

At 4pm it was time for me to head to my workout.  It was actually a pretty nice day and my trainer was going to take me on a run down by the river again.  I was so surprised how far my lungs have recovered from just 6 months ago and the drastic improvement over the last year.  A year ago my asthma would have never let me run a block and now I was running several miles - it felt great.  Of course no workout is complete unless I do a little stretching and today, even that could be done without pain.  Even the hamstring stretching didn't hurt.

After the workout, I had a few minutes to kill before the Sons of Norway meeting.  The Board meeting was at 6pm and the Membership meeting was at 7:30pm.  There is a lot of work to do on this Board to get the lodge into compliance and running smoothly.  They were both long meetings, but there was a lot of progress made and we should have everything running smoothly no time.  The meeting ran until 8:40pm and then there was the clean up and recap of the meeting.  I didn't leave the lodge until 9:25pm.

I got home around 10pm and went out to check on the chickens.  They had spend the entire day in the pen and they only laid 1 egg.   They were not  happy with their confinement and let me know by their low production.

I was beat and tomorrow was going to be Friday.  I usually like to get a jump on my weekend chores, so I tossed in some laundry.  When the wash was done I was still awake, so I tossed it in the dryer and then put in a second load of laundry.  I'd surly be asleep when it was done and I could finish it in the morning.  As it turned I was still awake and was able to toss the final load in the dryer shortly after midnight.  Luckily I was asleep when the dryer finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment