Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 199, Leadership Day


Chicken of the snow.
Today I was up early to run some last minute errands for my Leadership Redmond program.  The program is held on the third Thursday of the month and last all day from 8am to 5pm.  This is the 6th year that I have facilitated the program and I still enjoy it.  The days always fly by and it is fun to see the class respond to the speakers and learn something new. 

After work I came home about 5:50pm and there was still enough day light to let the chickens out and see if they would adventure out into the snow.  For the most part they stayed close to the pen, but peaked out to eat a bit of snow and then ran back into the coop.

I still had several bushes flattened with snow, so I took a broom stick and freed them from their heavy load.  They all sprang back up and look like they will make a full recovery.  It was a beautiful night with a nearly full moon and a few snow flakes falling.  The remaining snow on the ground is crunchy under foot, which I have always loved ever since I was a kid.  A lot of people don't like snow, but I think it is awesome. 

Waiting its day to be restored.
I walked around the car barn and looked at the Traveleze.  It has been waiting now for months.  I'm hoping that March will be the month that the restoration shops calls and they start work on it.  They still need to go to Washington to get the donor trailer and I just hope that it is still there.  Until then, the little trailer will just wait undercover for its day to come.

Back inside I was able to install new water lines to my washer and I tossed the old ones out.  I was surprised that they only lasted 3 years before failing.  I'm just glad I saw the water on the floor before there was a huge mess and some damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment