Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 203, President's Day

Having an extra day off was a wonderful treat.  I slept into 7:45am and enjoyed every extra minute just laying in bed.  I really didn't have much planed for the day, just a few chores in the morning and then return a DVD that I bought to Costco.

The 2011 KIA Optima

It was another sunny morning, albeit, cold.  I checked on the chickens to make sure they had fresh water and plenty of feed, which they did.  I left the coop door open or a while to see what would happen, but they would not venture out onto the snow.  They seem to be doing fine in their confinement and don't seem to have any issues with being cooped up.

Around noon, I ran to Costco and returned the DVD (I didn't pay attention when I bought it, that it was a Blue Ray disk).  With the disk returned, I grabbed a cart and of course I could leave with out spending more money and buying a few things that I couldn't live without.  I actually just ended up buying food, which will last a long time.

My home at night, as captured by my new Nikon D5000.

After Costco I wanted to stop off at the KIA dealer across the street and check out the new Optima.  I keep seeing the commercials and thought it was a pretty sharp looking car.  I wondered if they would sound solid or like it a tin can.  To my surprise, it looks and feels like a very sold car.  I decided that I need to drive it to see how it sounded and even here the road noise was way less than I imagined.   For the money it is a really sharp looking car, full of options, with the feel of a car that is much more expensive.

After KIA looking I headed down to the Old Mill District to check out the winter sale at REI.  I actually found a few Christmas gifts for next year at a third of their original price.  So with my items purchased it time to back home. 

As the sun went down I grabbed my camera and tripod and snapped a few pictures of the house.  I am amazed at what this camera can do and that "I" can actually take some great pictures.   With the camera set on "Dusk/Dawn" I was snapping pictures long after I thought it would be possible.
I am really impressed with this camera and I am excited to learn more about how to use it.

Tonight I have no plans, so I'm just going to kick back and enjoy the eventing.  Happy President's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment