Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 202, Sunday, Sun and Snow


A sunny Sunday.
Wow, did I sleep good and I didn't wake up for anything; the cat didn't have a midnight hairball, the wind didn't blow, nothing, it was just a great night sleep.  I then woke up to sunshine, which was totally unexpected after yesterday's all day snow storm.  It was a perfect morning.

I got up and fed the animals, checked on the chickens and then it started to snow again.  I thought, ahhh, here we go again, but it only lasted about 20 minutes and then the sun came out again.   The only thing I had on my agenda today was  going to church and then playing with my new camera.  I love the snow and I figured it would be perfect for taking pictures.  There is something about snow that makes everything seem to stand out.  It was going to be great for testing out the many settings on the camera.

Church was excellent as usual, motivational, thought provoking, inspiring and uplifting.  I'm always so glad I go and I take away a stronger understanding and greater appreciation for how we should treat one another.


Harris, my 20 lbs cat, taken with the new zoom lens.
 After church, I was excited to get my camera and go take some pictures.  I walked around the yard snapping pictures and I was pretty pleased with what I was seeing, but then I thought I should go try out the zoom lens.  The official name of the lens is AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm, I just call it the zoom lens.  With the lens attached, back out in the yard I went and wow, what fun.  The camera did what it was supposed to do and it seemed like every picture was a work of art.  I snapped pictures of bird houses, the old field rake, icicles, chickens and lots of my cat Harris.  I'll have to see if I can shrink the resolution down and put some on here, right now they two big to load.

It was a great day and I had a blast playing with the camera.  For dinner I went to Tracy's for asparagus, she's on a diet so I brought Mac and Cheese.  We watched the very funny movie, Hitch on TV and then it was back home.  Tracy gets up at the crack of dawn for work, so I needed to git.

Tomorrow is Presidents and I don't have to work!  YEAAA!

No comments:

Post a Comment