Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 190, Time for the Dentist


Sitting in the dentist chair.
I woke up to snowfall and white flakes floating  in all directions just like in a snow globe.  The snow was beautiful and it really put me in a great mood.  I have a really full day, so I knew need to get up and get going.  Today at 9am I have my twice yearly visit to the dentist so I needed to spend a little time with the tooth brush and floss. 

As I was walking to my truck I received a text that my 9am dental appointment was canceled due the hygienist being ill.  I was kind of bummed, but realized I could now eat.  I keep Cliff Bars in my truck, so I was going to have one.   By the time I got work I had eaten my Cliff Bar and the dentist office had called and said they had an 8am appointment open if I could make it in.  I immediately turned around and head to the dentist.

Today I needed my normal cleaning and x-rays, which they now only do ever two years on me.  I keep really good care of my teeth, so I'm never concerned when I go, and I do enjoy the feeling clean teeth.


From the book Keeping Chickens
Back at the Office I needed to get ready for a Board meeting at noon.  The day flew by and the meeting went great.  We had lunch brought in from a new restaurant in town and the lunch (lasagna) was excellent.  The best part, was there was lots leftover, so all of us will be taking some home for dinner.

At 3:45pm I needed to leave for Bend to drop some papers off at the bank and then head to my workout.  The workout was 13 minutes on the treadmill running 6.6., which doesn't sound like much, but compared to last year when my asthma kept me shuffling at slow walk.  This is quite impressive for me.   The most exciting part is that my lungs are no longer the part of my body that holds me back.  Now my ankles, legs and hips, just don't like to move that fast for that long.  Eventually I think I will be able to run long distance again without any issues.  The rest of the workout was focused on upper body and some core work. 



A girl collecting eggs from the book
 Keeping Chickens
After the workout I went to Costco to buy M&Ms for the Office.  I keep a candy jar on the book case in my office and everyone expects the jar to have some kind of treat, especially my co-workers 4 year old daughter.  Of course, I can't go to Costco with out looking around and I ended up looking at the books.  I couldn't help but look at a book called "Keeping Chickens" by Jeremy Hobson and Celia Lewis.  I thumbed through the book and realized I had to buy it and one for my friend Ann in Oklahoma.  It is a iconic look at Chickens reminiscent of Norman Rockwell and true slice of Americana.  The pictures are spectacular, showing classic photos of people and there chickens, coops that invoke coop envy and of course beautiful chickens.

By the time I got home it was dark and the chickens had all gone back to the coop.  I had to run home on my way to the gym to pick up my gym bag, as I had forgot to bring with me when I left for work, so I had let the chickens out.   I went out a checked on the hens, gave them fresh water and some more feed.   They had been very productive and laid 6 eggs.  The temperature was hovering around 29 and the stars were shining brightly.  It was a beautiful night, but it was too cold for me to be out in just my gym shorts and t-shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment