Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 187, A restful saturday

With nothing on the agenda for the day I was able to start out slow and just enjoy the morning.  I had done most of the laundry Thursday night and the house was still pretty clean.  I cleaned off the counter in the kitchen which seems to collect all kinds of stuff throughout the week, clean the bathroom and vacuum the house and that was really about all I need to do.

Spring has sprung

I let the chickens out around noon and they had laid 5 eggs.  They are making one heck of a mess in the yard digging and rooting up bugs.  I'll have to do a lot work to get the yard ready come spring.  The one thing the chickens like to do is go in the front entry and dig in the dry flower beds.  They toss dirt and bark all over the patio so I needed to clean that mess up and put some water back in the ground.  I was surprised to see that Spring is tring to sprout out of the ground already.  There are daffodils and tulips popping up everywhere.  The forecast is for temperatures in the 60's next week and if that happens they will really leap from the ground.  We all know however that we still have lots more winter weather to come.

At 4:30pm I went over to my friend's Bruce and Mary Ann's to see if Bruce and I could get to the next level in Donkey Kong on the Wii.  I am horrible at video games, so the success was not so good and we never made it through one level before I had to leave.

At 6:30pm I picked up Tracy and we went to see the movie The Green Hornet.  It was hilarious and we were both entertained.  It was nice to see a film that put a smile on your face and didn't have a bunch of garbage in it.  Of course I loved the car and all the gadgets that went along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment