Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 201, Snowing sideways all day.


More snow bowing in.

I woke up to the wind blowing and when I put on my glasses, I could see that it was snowing sideways.  I was surprised at how much snow was coming down and the strength of the wind.   This is the kind of snow storm where you get big snow drifts, because the snow was extremely dry and powdery.  When I checked the temperature at 7am it was reading 25 degrees.  I figured the snow would stop eventually and I would be able to do a few things outdoors, but it just kept snowing.

At 10am I needed to run to my folks house, then to my office and then to the Post Office.  I also needed to stop and get gas, which had climbed to $3.31 a gallon for regular.  $75 later my truck was full and my wallet was empty.  Next on my list was groceries and then home.

Nikon D5000 from Costco.

Back at home I checked on the chickens, which were doing fine and not seeming to be bothered by the cold and snow.  They only laid 3 eggs, which is probably from them being cooped up for 4 days.  They probably wouldn't come out even if the door is open.  Last time I let them out they just stood in the snow and couldn't figure out what to do until I picked them up and put them back in the pen.

It was cold and snow and was to head in and play with my camera.  Once, back inside, I got out the camera and the instructional DVD and put in the DVD player.  I figured this would be a good place to start and maybe I would learn something.  The instructions were way too fast, but I still managed to learn a few things.  I figured at some point I can get out the manual and just start reading from page one.  The video, did teach me enough to not be afraid of camera and it did explain  many of the features.  The problem with this camera is that there are just way too many features - literally hundreds of choices and options.

After dinner I went over to Tracy's to play Donky Kong.  We had only made it to level two last week and we thought we would try a little more tonight.  There is just something a bit ridiculous about two adults playing a video game, but it is entertaining and I think is actually good for memory and hand, eye coordination.  After several hours of playing we conquered 3 levels.    We almost finished a fourth but at some point we just had to say enough is enough.  It was a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment