Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 209, Truck shopping

I went to bed last night and forgot to turn down the thermostat, so I woke up at 2am roasting and I had to get up and turn the heat down.  I like a cool room to sleep in and I usually set the heat to 65, but I left it at 70.  You wouldn't think 5 degrees would make that big of deal but it does.   Needles to say I didn't have a great night sleep.
 
2010 F150 Lariat

It was actually warm enough to wash the truck this morning I managed to get it done before going to church at 11am.  After church I went to lunch with my good friend Doug.  We went to Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant for our usual and of course it was excellent and fast.

With a clean truck, I thought it would be interesting to go back into Bend and see exactly how far apart my 05 King Ranch is from a new 2010 Lariat.  Anyone can pay full price any day of the week, but what I'm looking for is a deal.  The 2010 is now a year old, with the 2011 out and just 6 months until the release of the 2012 models.   At some point they have to have some incentives to sell the last of the 2010 models.  With just one more day in the month, dealers are usually are anxious to get vehicles off the lot.   After about 30 minutes it came down to $14,000 difference between my truck and new one.  I didn't feel that was that great of deal and my truck is still a great truck so I think I'll keep it.  At least now I know.

Tonight it's the Oscars and then to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment