Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 208, -8 for the low.

WOW, did it get cold.  Several times during the night I woke up  and could tell the house was fighting off the cold.  The furnace ran non-stop trying to keep the house warmed to 65 degrees and loud pops and cracks would ring out from time to time as the extremes tugged at the house.

I got out of bed around 7:20am, got dressed and took fresh water out for the chickens.  Sure enough, their water was frozen solid.  The girls were all up and about walking around the pen and scratching in the feed.  They were very happy to have the fresh water and they drank up quickly.  It was now, -1 and climbing.

I had a number of chores to do, including picking up more feed at the feed store, running in to Bend to go to Costco and getting the changed. in the truck.  When I get my oil changed it gives me the opportunity to check out the new trucks.  To my surprise they still had a F150 long box, 2010 Lariat on the lot.  The full retail price was nearing $50,000.  I figured they would have some huge rebates on the 2010, however in true car dealer fashion, there really was nothing special and the best they could do is about $45,000.  My truck is a 2005 F150 King Ranch with 38,860 miles.  I didn't even want to know what they would offer me for a trade-in, but I wondered if $14k and my truck would get me into the 2010????  I just needed to walk away and forget all about it.  My truck is paid for and I don't need a new one.

22' 1950 Spartanette

I did text with the trailer restoration guy and he's going to get my triler into his shop the second week in March .  He wants to take a good look at it and give me his thoughts.  He say's it has had a lot of damage and the restoration might exceed the value of the trailer.  I told him I would go off his findings and if I need to let it go and find something elese I would do that.  I have actually found a 1950 22' Spartanette that could be an excellent trailer if the Traveleze needs to go down the road.

The temperature managed to climb up to 31 degrees for a high.  It was already warmer than yesterday and the low for tonight was expected to be in the teens.  The chickens survived the cold and really didn't seem to bother by the cold,  they even laid 5 eggs.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you decide to sell the trailer! I might be interested...

    ReplyDelete