Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 200, Friday of President's weekend

Not much to report on the work front.  The day ran smooth and I think everyone was looking forward to the 5 o'clock whistle to blow.  We actually have President's Day off, so this is going to be a 3 day weekend for all of us.
The Costco BMW

After work, I wanted to run into Costco and look at a Nikon D5000 camera that they have on sale.  We bought one for the office and there is $200 manufacturers rebate which runs until February 28th.  I think with the rebate it makes the camera one heck of a buy.  It comes with two  lenses, camera bag, and everything you need to get started.  I have always enjoyed photography, but have never gotten serious about it.  I think I have a good eye, so this camera for the price should be a good place to start.

Of course walking the isles of Costco always leads to a full cart.  I bought everything, pants, bread, cereal, cat food, Cliff Bars, chicken pot pies, socks and laundry soap.  Costco has it all, they even had a new BMW out front!  I was surprised to see it had cloth seats, I didn't think BMW even offered them anymore.

Back home I parked the truck at the back door so I could bring could bring everything into the house.  It took several trips but I got it all  and put away and put the truck in the shop.  I then went inside to un-box my camera and put it together.  I needed to plug in the battery to charge it up which will take a couple hours.  By morning I should be all set to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment