Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 329, Monday and off to Keizer, OR

Today I have a meeting in Keizer, from 2 to 4pm, so I will need to leave my office at 11:15am to get there.  The sun is shining but the forecast is for afternoon thundershowers, still I think it's a great day to take the BMW convertible.  It gets great gas mileage, it's fun to drive and the fact that it's topless is a plus.

The trip over and back was uneventful.  The weather held out and it was an enjoyable day.  I arrived back home at 6:15pm and had time to enjoy the evening.

The chickens had been in all day so I let them out to enjoy a few hours of freedom and sunshine.  I got three eggs and the one hen still will not leave nest.

Still shinny after 20 years.
I really needed to wash and clean the BMW after making two trips over the mountain in the last three days it had several bugs and was covered in road dust.  The car is now 20 years old with just over 73k miles on it.  I noticed that the floor mats needed to be shampooed and so did the carpets, so I took most of the evening to give the car a through cleaning and it still looks pretty amazing for its age.

The sunset was beautiful and I sat on the porch enjoying the moment and listening to the birds singing in the fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment