Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 307, Sunday


The four garden beds are ready for planting.

Today started off pretty nice but clouded over with a high layer of clouds.  The temperature was pretty warm and was in the mid 60's by early morning.  I had lots more yard work to do, so I decided to go to the early church service and be done by 9:30am, so I could get started on my yard work.


I needed to plant the garden, get the seeds started in the potting shed (a month late) and fertilize the lawn.    I also thought that since it is June it's time to get the patio furniture out.  I go the 9 chairs out and uncovered the tables but I needed some help to get them to the deck.  My father came over to help me around noon and it was nice to have them out and to have the space available in the shop again.  I guess this must be official, summer is coming...?


The "Before" shot of the 1950 Traveleze, August 2, 2010.

It turned out to be a nice Sunday, even if the sun didn't shine and I got a lot of work done including planting the squash, tomatoes, zucchini and the corn.  I have the pumpkins started in the shed and will plant them once when they have sprouted and the danger of frost is long past.  I plant four kinds of pumpkins which get planted in the orchard and pretty much takeover the entire area.  I also plant a wide selection of squashes and gourds, which come in all sizes and shapes. Next weekend I'll plant the lettuce, peas, beans, carrots and onions.  It was time to get cleaned up and go to dinner.

For dinner I went to my parents for the first barbecue of the season and hamburgers.  They really hit the spot and it was a nice way to end the weekend.


The way it looks today, before going in for restoration, 6-5-2011.

While at my folks, I got a text from Justin, of Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration; he is going to call me this week to set up a time to come get the Traveleze and start its restoration.  I can't wait, to see what he does it with and to see just what it looks like once he takes it all apart.   It will be fun to report on it's progress and to see the transformation.  It's hard to believe that I'm two months short of a year, from when I bought the Traveleze and towed her  home.  The trailer has come a long way, but the real work is just beginning.


 It was a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment