Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 306, A beautiful Saturday

I woke up at 7:15am and laid in bed for 30 minutes, it was awesome!  My headache was gone and I felt like I was back in the correct timezone.

Bringing home 5 Bradford Pear trees

The sun was shining brightly and the forecast was for sun and temps in the 70's.  I felt refreshed and was ready to go.  I ate a little breakfast and by 8am I started working in the yard, pulling weeds and getting the garden ready for planting.  I also mowed the lawn, cleaned up the gravel paths and pruned trees.  Around 3pm, I ran  into Costco to buy some trees that they had on sale and to pick up some lawn fertilizer.  I also ended up getting some flowers for the entry and few tomato and squash plants for the garden. 

When I got to Costco, I was surprised to see the price had been reduced and the trees almost gone.  I was lucky I got there when I did, as there were only 8 trees left and I took 5 of them.  The trees are close to 9' tall and should do well in this area.  When I got home it took me about 2 hours to plant the trees and they looked great; now if I can just keep the deer away from them.

Rocks placed where the chickens liked to dig and make a
mess on the front walk.

I spent the entire day working in the yard and I was very pleased with the results.  Being gone for nearly 2 weeks I had felt like the yard had almost gotten ahead of me, but now I felt like it was back under control.

I had let the chickens out all day and they keep making a mess in the bark-dust along the front steps, scratching in the dirt and tossing it onto the patio and steps.  To fix this ongoing problem, I laid some flat lava rocks where they dig.  This should take care of the problem and hopefully I won't have to clean up after them, at least in this area.

It was a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment