Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 320, Saturday and rain.

I heard it start to rain about 5am Saturday morning and it kept raining all day.  I was so bummed to see the skies all gray and the high temperature of only 59 degrees really broke my spirit.

I spent the morning cleaning up around house, water plants, winding clocks and doing laundry.  I really wanted to go out in the yard and I made several attempts to pull some weeds in between rain storms. 

The chickens were let free around 10am and the rain didn't seem to cause them any grief and they went about their business digging in the flower beds and eating bugs.

By 5pm the sun started to clear and my spirits started to lift.  My folks were having Lasagna at 6pm so I was on my way over for dinner. 

At 7pm Tracy and I talked about going to a movie but after checking out the movie listing we decided to skip the movies until next week when all the new movies come out.  Instead we played Donkey Kong on the Wii for 2 hours.  It was hilarious to watch adults try to figure out how to play a kids video game.  We sucked at it, but had fun trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment