Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 327, Vintage Trailer Rally and a Car Show

The Rolling Oldies Vintage Trailer group was having their summer rally at River Bend camp ground just East of Sweet Home, Oregon and Tracy and I thought we would drive over and see the 80 some trailers that signed up to attend.  Tracy came over aroun 8:30am and we took my BMW convertible with the top down.  The camp ground was just about an hour and half from Redmond and the drive beautiful.  Tracy was a little cold and had herself wrapped up in a blanket and I had the heat blasting.  My feet were roasting and the rest of me was perfect. 

We found the camp ground with no problems and we met up with Justin and his family and their awesome 48 Westwood Sequoia.  There were lots of tarilers to look at and Justin wanted me to look around and see if there was anything that I wanted to encorporat in my trailer.  I think I want to hide an A/C unit and put a toilet in the closet.  The "open house" didn't start until 1pm so we had an hour and half to kill, so we thought we would run into Sweet Home and check out a car show that was going on. 

1956 Sunliner Bumble
Sweet Home is about 6 miles from the camp ground and we drove past it the first time, but finally saw the sign and got a front row parking spot.  They had a great turn out with over 100 cars and the weather couldn't be better.  I of course was looking to see if I saw a car that would look good pulling the 1950 Traveleze, but I didn't see anything was for sale, but a lot of cars caught my eye.  I was perticularly intregued by a 1956 Sunliner convertible in yellow and black, affectionately known as a "buble bee".

A great Spartenette at the River Bend Rally
After an hour or so we went back to the trailer rally and walked around and looked at all the great trailers.  There were some pretty spectacular trailers, but no Traveleze's.  There was one Boles Aarow 14' canned ham that looked pretty close to what my trailer should look like when done.  We spent about 2 hours looking around and talking to the great people.  Tracy had friends camping at Water Lou just west of Sweet Home, so it was back down the road and a quick visit with her friends.

We stopped back at the Rally on our way home and said good bye to Justing and his wife.  Justin said to stop in next week so I will try to stop off after one of my workouts.

The drive home was beautiful and we arrive back home at 8:15pm.  Just in time for a beautiful sunset, which was the perfect ending to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment