Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 330, Tuesday and a beautiful sunset

Tuesday's weather was a bit stormy, with the occasional downpour and a threat of a thunderstorm.  Despite the unsettled forecast it was still a great day.

Work flew by and today was my workout day with my Mom and our trainer.  We also needed to drop off Visitor Guides in Bend, so we left early to make the drop.  The workouts seem to be getting more difficult or I'm getting weaker.  I did 12 pullups so I figure I must be getting somewhat stronger, since I couldn't do 2 when I started.

The walls of 64 Shasta laid on the shop floor.
Following the workout we stopped off to see Justin at Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration, where he is busy working on several projects.  Sadly my trailer has not worked its way indoors and it sounds like it might be a month before it does.  Looking at his projects it is amazing just knowledgeable Justin and he crew are.  They are completely rebuilding a 64 Shasta and the walls were laying out on the floor. waiting for new paneling. I am so surprised at just how thin these trailers are and how they can withstand being pulled over bumpy roads and last for years.  Justin said they will be doing the same thing with my trailer, so this will be interesting to watch.

Sunset on the 40, June,28,2011
As evening started to approach the she sun poked out and the sky was beautiful with dark clouds and golden sun light.  I walked down my driveway and looked across at my parents 40 acres.  The shadows were long and the evening light was beautiful.  The temperature was around 70 and the Western Meadowlark was singing, it was perfect.  I am so lucky to live where I do and to be able to experience country life.  With my cat standing on my feet and nudging my leg for attention, I just couldn't think how life could get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment