Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 331, Wednesday and a concert

Today is our first concert of our summer season, which will start at 6pm and run every-other Wednesday throughout the summer, to September 7th.   The day was crazy with walk-ins and calls about the concert and the upcoming 4th of July Parade.

I really didn't have time for lunch but at 3pm I did manage to run to pick up some medication for my cats and to get my hair cut.

At 5pm I headed to the park for the concert and the crowd started to arrive by 6pm there was an estimated 1,500 people in attendance.  There were food and craft vendors and great kid zone that had rock climbing wall.  The new thing about this year's concerts is our new tent.  We got a tent sponsor and were able to buy a "star" tent that works perfectly for out needs and is easy to put up and take down.

After the concert, it took the band some time to break down and we could not take the tent down until they were done.  Once they were out from under the tent it took us about 20 minutes to be all loaded up and ready to head back at the office.  By 8:45pm I was finally on my way home. It had been a long day and the first of 6 concerts was now under our belt.

The poor chickens spent the entire day in the pen and only laid 2 eggs, what a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment