Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 309, The Traveleze is off to be restored


The 1950 Traveleze pulled out from behind the shed ready to hauled off
for a complete restoration by Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration.
At around 3 o'clock today Justin and his team arrived at my house to pick up the Traveleze and take it to the shop to begin the restoration.  Justin and I sat down and talked about our vision for the trailer and what I could expect in the process.  I want the trailer to be showroom new, or better, so we are talking a total rebuild and the replacing of most, if not all, of the outer skin.  All of the interior is going to be replaced and any cabinetry that can be saved will be refinished.  He is going to replace all the insulation, wiring, paneling and flooring.  We will replace the appliances with original and put back in the heater that was removed. All of the windows will be removed cleaned, repaired or replaced and re-installed.  When all is said and done it will be like new or better. 

Justin has several other trailers to work on, so this project will probably take the majority of the summer and I'm wondering if it might be ready by August 2, the one anniversary of when I bought it trailed it home.

With the trailer hooked up and the guys having finished wiring up the temporary lights, they were ready to haul the trailer off to their shop.  I gave Justin and his brother Jeff each a dozen eggs from the chicken, and I showed Scott the 1969 Chevelle Malibu convertible. 

Next step for the Traveleze is to be dismantled and inventoried.  Once they know what they need to do they can order material and parts and start the restoration process.  Justin said I can come by anytime and take pictures, so I plan on it, but also don't want to be a pain in the butt - but I want lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment