Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 314, Sunday and a clean truck.

Another great nights sleep and a sunny morning, set the tone for day.  I puttered around the house doing my normal Sunday morning chores and then went off to Church at 10:45am.

I fired up the Packard and drove the 3 miles to church.  Today's service was about marriage and the Pastor actually renewed the vows of all those in attendance who wanted to stand up in front of the congregation and repeat after him.  I must admit that at age 45, and having never said "I do",  I wondered if I would ever say those words?  Is there a woman out there who can put me and be the true love of my life?  I guess I'll just have to wait and see what God has in store for me, and perhaps I need to seek some serious counseling.

After church, and some fresh air, the thoughts and wondering if I would ever find someone quickly left my head.  I got home and I needed to wash my truck inside and out.  I have an appointment on Thursday to have the truck professionally waxed and detailed and I wanted to get off the worst of the dirt and grime.  I spent nearly 3 hours cleaning every little nook and cranny on the truck, vacuuming out the interior, scrubbing the winter floor mats and conditioning the leather seats.  I cleaned the engine, wheels and tires, wheel wells, and any frame or suspension parts that were visible.  And when I was all done, I coated everything with No Touch Tire Care, spraying the engine, wheel wells, tires, running boards and anything that was made out of plastic.  The truck looked amazing and now all it needed was a fresh coat of wax.

Next on the list was pruning all the new growth, or candles, off the Mugo Pines along the driveway and in the courtyard.  I got out the electric trimmers and in no time I had the Mugo's looking great.  I must admit that I had a rare accident and I slipped with the electric trimmers and cut the extension cord.  In one big poof and a flash of a sparks I cut the cord clean in two and flipped the breaker.  This is the second time in eleven years that this has happened and the last time my father did it.  It made me think that perhaps I should not be wearing flip flops to trim the shrubbery.

After dinner, my friends Bruce and Mary Ann wanted me to swing by to chat and it was pouring rain.  My sunny weekend had turned to a complete downpour.   Now my big dilemma was, what am I going to drive to Bruce and Mary Ann's, the cars and the truck were were spotless?  Even though I had just spent 3 hours cleaning my truck I drove it over to their house, which is just a quarter mile away.  It's always great to see good friends and the truck can always be washed again.

It rained all night and I had the feeling of being back in the Willamette Valley like when I was I kid and I would listen to the rain all night.  It had been a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment