Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 324, Mid week and 90.

After 9 months of cold temperatures it's finally 90!  I love the heat, its the one way you know for sure you finally made it to summer.

The work day was pretty average.  I had a lunch meeting in Bend to hear a great speaker talk trends in the tourism industry.  It may sound dull but it actually very revealing what's going on in the world and the shift in peoples travel habits.  Ok, so it still sounds dull, but it wasn't to this travel nerd.

I didn't have a chance to get home and let the chickens out, so it was the first thing I did when I got home for the day.  They were very happy to be free, and my sickly chicken was still sitting in her box.  I think she seemed a bit more perky and lifted her out and placed her on the ground.  At first she just sat down, but then she jumped up and started running around the yard.  After about 10 minutes of digging up bugs she went back in the hen house.

Tracy came over around 6pm and we went for a walk around the loop (2.2 miles).  It was trying to be a little stormy and the temperature dropped form 90 to the high 70's so it was perfect for a brisk walk.  The slight head winds gave a little resistance which just added to the workout value of a walk, at least that's what I told Tracy.

It was another nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment