Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 321, Happy Father's Day

The sun decided to return for Father's Day and boy did it lift my spirits.  My Mom was having breakfast for my father at 9am so I headed over to have breakfast with my folks and to wish my Dad a happy Father's Day.  I had bought him teak tray that had a wood inlay of a viking ship on it.  Being the proud Norwegian that he is I figure it would be a big hit.

Family picnic on the property
After breakfast it was time for church and then home to get out in the yard to do some yard work.  At 1:30pm we were going to have a family picnic on the 40 acres of my folks across the street from me.  My brother had created a small camp in back wooded corner where he parks his trailer and has built an humungous picnic table. It was perfect weather and it was a fun way to spend time with my folks.

I spent the rest of the afternoon, pulling weeds, planting in the garden and cutting chicken wire to cover the pumpkins to keep the chickens from eating them.  I can get totally lost in the yard and forget about the rest of the world, it's awesome.  I was able to fence off the small garden so the chickens can't get in there, so they won't destroy the garden and eat all the veggies as they come up.

It was a very nice Sunday and I hated to see it draw to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment